Gazpacho

January 11, 2013
Gazpacho


My brain slowly becoming alert and waking up from interrupted night sleep.
My eyes were trying to accommodate and adjust to the bright light streaming from my bedroom windows... almost blinding...
A quick glance towards the ticking alarm clock... its almost 7 am.

Small beads of sweat started to emerge...

Slowly... lazily...  I swung my feet off the bed and head out to the kitchen... in the 'sleep deprivation' state of mind, I reached out to open the door... walked out to the yard... smell the air...
The sky was clear without any white fluffy clouds, the air was heavy, humid and almost zero breeze...
... I let out a big sigh... '... another scorcher day!!' 


Chill gazpacho


'what's for dinner?' I could almost hear myself asking... I had no intention to slog over the stove nor am I starting the oven...
Half awake and half asleep...reached out to open the fridge... did a quick scan... found a bag of truss tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, basil and few bits and bobs...

My daughter's ~ "Mom,can you make tomato soup? I loooove tomato soup"... came to mind.

Gazpacho!... yes Gazpacho...why not give it a go.. afterall, it is tomato soup
Super PLUS point is ~ Gazpacho best served COLD!! Superb on HOT summer days...

With dinner plan 'almost' sorted... I shut the fridge door firmly... and headed back to bed, hoping to catch another wink or two...

Next week Post: another COLD meal to go with Gazpacho ~ Simple Angle Hair with Olive Oil infused with Lemon....stay tune ...

Take care... and have a wonderful weekend.

Lisa H.xox

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gazpacho Recipe (serve 4)

Click here to print

2 Slices of ciabbatta (1 inch thick)
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
¼ cup water
600g tomatoes
½ continental cucumber
1/8 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon paprika
1 garlic cloves
1/3 cup of olive oil

Garnish
2 Tablespoon diced tomatoes
2 Tablespoon diced cucumber
Sprigs of fresh basil leaves

  1. Mix Balsamic vinegar with water and soak ciabbatta. Set aside
  2. Remove seeds from tomatoes and cucumber.
  3. Toss the vegetable with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
  4. Transfer everything into a blender and blend till smooth.
  5. Sieve into a jug
  6. Chill for at least 4 hours
  7. Garnish with diced cucumber, tomatoes and sprigs of Basil leaves.

SaveSave

Comments

  1. That is something I love. Your gazpacho looks delicious!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious and amazing presentation dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your gazpacho served in bottles, especially the one in the first pic.. looks especially delish! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! Agree with all that your gazpacho looks absolutely yummy! I'm definitely going to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, I tak pernah makan this but it look really good. Nice presentation!

    Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pun tak pernah makan soup sejuk sebelum ni :D

      Delete
  6. Nice write-up! I kind of wanted for this now though not feeling any heat here : ).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, this is indeed delightful and tasty. I am saving this to try in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also keeping this to try in summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks yummy and cute. Beautiful photos! I will try this in the summer also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks super nice!!
    Baru realise I missed out so many of your posts! So, sekarang duk tak my time to catch up a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete